Tips and advice on how to green up your Halloween from Whole Earth Packaging, suppliers of sustainable and renewable products.
There are many things to do before Halloween arrives, such as buying candy for trick-or-treaters, decorating the house and planning your costume. As you prepare, make sure you take the time to be friendly to the environment. There are many ways you can be eco-friendly during the Halloween season.
- Save on the garbage from candy wrappers and make homemade treats for trick-or-treaters. You can make simple chocolate chip cookies, or buy cookie cutters and make Halloween shaped cookies. Serve apple cider with the cookies for a treat they’ll remember for years to come. Pass out these memorable treats on environmentally friendly napkins and serve the cider in environmentally friendly cups.
- Halloween decorations don’t always have to be scary. Place pumpkins, gourds and bales of hay around your porch and the inside of your house. These decorations are compostable and safer for our environment.
- If you want creepy Halloween decorations, make sure you save them to use for next year. There’s no point in throwing out perfectly good decorations!
- Instead of turning on the porch lights to welcome trick-or-treaters, light the way with candles burning in tiny bags, or using carved pumpkins.
- Craft your Halloween costume out of something you have at home, or buy one from a second hand shop.
Whole Earth Packing has a variety of environmentally friendly products that can help you celebrate while staying green this Halloween. You can see all of our great eco-friendly products at WholeEarthPackaging.com.